China Gather Wealth Financial Company Limited (“CGWF”) will observe the principles of personal data privacy protection and comply with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”) in adopting its policy and practices relating to the management of personal data. Personal data received by CGWF will be treated by it as confidential information. Unless expressly stated or with prior consent, such personal data will not be disclosed to any third party outside of the CGWF.
Supply of data
CGWF may need to collect certain personal information from you in connection with the opening or maintenance of accounts. You are not required to provide any data to CGWF unless you choose to do so. However, if you fail to supply any such data, CGWF may not be able to open or maintain an account for you or provide you with any services. CGWF may collect personal data through its website by using “cookies”, click trails or other methods of monitoring web usage.
Use of the data
All data relating to you held by CGWF, whether supplied by you or a third party and whether before or after CGWF opens any account for you, may be used for the following purposes:
- ongoing account administration and the provision of any securities trading and related services to you;
- compliance with internal control or verification procedures;
- conducting credit and other status checks and assisting other institutions to conduct such checks;
- to execute policies that are related to CGWF and to execute any charge or guarantee with CGWF in analyzing your credit and financial situation;
- designing and/or marketing securities trading and other services or products of CGWF;
- forming part of the records of the recipient of the data as to the business carried on by it;
- observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements; or
- any other purpose relating to the business and dealings of the CGWF.
The personal data will be retained by CGWF for such period as it may in its discretion determine.
Transfer of data
All data relating to you may be provided by the recipient to the following persons whether or not they are in Hong Kong:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing, nominee, custodian or other services to any member of the CGWF;
- where data is collected by a CGWF Company as agent of any other person or for forwarding to or otherwise for the purpose of making any application or request to any other person for any facility or service, any such person who may not be in Hong Kong and may not be subject to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and not restricted in the use of the data; any trustee, registrar or custodian of any relevant unit trust or other collective investment scheme or any insurance company in connection with any service provided or to be provided to you by CGWF or any centralized securities depositary or registrar of securities held for you;
- credit reference agencies and, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- any person to whom CGWF transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of
- any of your accounts with CGWF or any services provided to you; or
- any person to whom CGWF is required by law, regulation, court order or request from any governmental or regulatory body to provide such data.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, all data relating to you may be transferred to any place outside Hong Kong, whether for the processing, holding or use of such data outside Hong Kong, and also to service providers which offer services to CGWF in connection with the operation of its business.
Access to and correction of data
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether CGWF holds data about you;
- request access to and the correction of any such data held by CGWF;
- ascertain CGWF 's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of data held by CGWF; and
- in relation to customer credit, request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, be provided with further information to enable the making of access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency.
CGWF may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
You may direct any request for access to or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by CGWF to:
China Gather Wealth Financial Company Limited
Suites 3010-12, 30th Floor,Tower 1, The Gateway, Harbour City, 25 Canton Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2890 9633
To the extent permitted by law, CGWF shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any information or materials which you submit using this website.
Nothing in this notice shall limit the rights of clients under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.